Essential Live Sound Training: HOW LIVE SOUND WORKS FOR SHOWS.
When I was learning how audio systems work for live shows, I felt like I was constantly searching for information and not really finding good answers. Even with modern internet accessibility, finding something that you can trust is tough!
So, that's why I wanted to build the resource that I always wanted to see. Something that can get your live sound knowledge up to the pro level. Something that gives you the technical skills to have control of the stage and mix with confidence.
Here's what the Essential Live Sound Training consists of:
1. Over 100 live sound training videos, each one an easy to watch, bite sized piece of information. Every part of the audio systems we use for live sound is broken down into its own video, which makes it really fast to find exactly the info you’re looking for.
2. Explanation of fundamental audio concepts that EVERY audio engineer should know. This is the technical stuff that you need to get a complete understanding of how live sound works for a show.
3. One of a kind diagrams. A lot of audio concepts are pretty abstract! So, I worked with a world-class graphic designer to create some amazing visual learning tools that will help you see some of the topics we’re discussing.
4. Quizzes. Every video has a quiz so you can review what you’ve learned by checking your knowledge. This is a great way to make sure you’ve got it!
5. Live Sound Q&A Webinars. I will be holding LIVE Q&A sessions where you can ask me any questions related to live sound or touring production. This can be about anything you want to know - what gear I use on tour, how to mix with prerecorded tracks, what a tour manager does, any kind of audio technical issues, ways we apply this knowledge on stage, or anything else.
Click below to learn more and see the video:
all the fundamentals, for free.
Of course, I want to provide good stuff that's free for the community as well! You can check out my Blog, or choose one of the free live sound video courses below. There's a 5-part course on stuff to know on Stage, and there's an 8-part course on how to use a Mixer.